Scarica l’app LiveinRiviera.IT!

App Store Google Play
Chiesa di San Giovanni Battista
Included in the Seventeenth century itinerary: the church preserves works by Antonio Trentanove, Cagnacci and Cosimo Piazza

Phone: 0541/782384

Fax: 0541/782263

A church of very ancient origins, and one of Rimini's largest and most important.
Erected in 1625 on a site previously occupied by the Carmelites, it was rebuilt by Gaetano Cupioli in 1767-72.
The interior, with a single nave, is eleborately decorated with stucco ornaments by Antonio Trentanove in 1770.
The many precious works of art here include, in the first chapel on the right, a "holy Trinity, Virgin and Patrons of Rimini" (1611) by Cosimo Piazza, above the second altar a "Sermon of John the Baptist' by Andrea Boscoli, above the third altar a "Martyrdom of St Gaudentius" (1794) by G. Soleri Brancaleone, above the first altar a "Madonna in Glory with Saints (1630), a juvenile masterpiece by Guido Cagnacci, and on the high altar a crucifix that was once kept at the San Gaudenzo Sanctuary.

Getting there: City center - Augustus Arch area by car: Motorway A14 "Rimini Sud" Exit; straight ahead direction "Rimini centro" for about 3 km. Useful parking areas: 1) via Soleri Brancaleoni; 2) parco Olga Bonbi; 3) via XX Settembre; 4) via Roma; 5) Largo Gramsci by train: from the railway station straight ahead to Piazza Tre Martiri, then to the left towards Augustus Arch by air: from airport bus n.9 - bus stop Arco d' Augusto or Railway Station

Tourist area: adriatic coast



via XX Settembre - Rimini


0541 782384


Orario Estivo (giugno, luglio, agosto)
Feriali Ore 00.00
Prefestivi Ore 00.00
Festivi Ore 00.00 - 0.00
Orario Invernale
Feriali Ore 18.00
Prefestivi Ore 18.00
Festivi Ore 8.00 - 10.30 - 18.00