Museum of Sacred Art by the ancient abbey S. Maria Annunziata Nuova - Covignano
The museum is the result of 10 years' restoration work of the old Olivetan Benedectine abbey Santa Maria Annunziata Nuova di Scolca, today known as San Fortunato.
The museum is under the vicariate in the tufaceous caves on Covignano hill. Here it is possible to admire the original 15th century bell of the old abbey, liturgical vestiments and objects, some of them belonging to the Olivetan monks, solverware, rare parchments and manuscripts dating back to 15th - 17th centuries, and paintings.
The importance of the whole includes the church itself which was built for Carlo Malatesta's will in 1418.
A curiosity is in the meaning of the word "Scolca": that is "revenge".