×

Scarica l’app LiveinRiviera.IT!

App Store Google Play
Pieve di San Salvatore
Phone: 0541/730159

The Parish church probably dates back to the 12th century and was constructed in part with bricks and in part using blocks of stone. Inside there is an elegant apse, a single nave, and simple decoration.
The structure was built reutilizing material from the Roman period (this is evident in the fragments of relief work with a leafy motif on the façade, the Roman cippus with inscriptions, and the area scraped to reveal a memoir dated 1318 regarding the painter Rainaldo).
Along the inside walls and at the main alter there are four exquisite Romanesque capitals.
Outside the church a large, badly damaged Roman capital serves as a pedestal for a cross. On the alter there is a statue of San Salvatore, the work of Cesare Ferronato.
It seems the Parish church was built on the ruins of a pagan temple dedicated to Ceres.
Of particular interest is a mutilated plaque with Gothic characters - from the 14th century - located on the north facing outer wall of the church.



Getting there: The church can be reached from Rimini by taking Via Coriano to a locality called "Osteria del Fiume", from which point the road leads directly to the Romanesque church situated on the bank of the Marano stream. Bus n° 3

Additional notes: Open on Saturday afternoon or previous agreement with the keeper.

Tourist area: adriatic coast

Informazioni

Indirizzo

via San Salvatore, n. 24 - Rimini

Telefono

0541 730159

Orario

Visitabile il sabato pomeriggio

Altri giorni previo accordo col parroco.